|Sigma Sixth’s statement on how it is using the 16-19 Tuition Fund from September 2020
At Sigma Sixth, we intend to use the funding to provide additional support to small groups of students that have not yet achieved a grade 4 in maths or English, with particular regard being given to the requirements of disadvantaged students and students with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND).
Support and resources will be provided based on the individual needs of each student.
Some of the support that Sigma Sixth will be offering:
Sixth is committed to ensuring that the tuition fund is used in accordance with the Government’s guidance on the 16 to 19 Tuition Fund by:
To report an absence please call 01255 424266 and ask to speak to the Sixth Form
For general enquiries, please email email@example.com
Tendring Education Centre
Clacton on Sea
Please find here links to copies of recent letters issued by Sigma Sixth:
- If you are being dropped off at the college please use the designated drop off point or the main car park.
- Use the pedestrian walkways at the front or back of the college
- Parking on the college campus is very limited. If you do use the front car park please ensure that you do not block access and only use the allocated bays. You are not permitted to use the back car park.
- At the start and close of the college day, the possibilities for accidents are high; please be aware of the dangers. If you are driving always give way to pedestrians and cyclists. You must also drive slowly and very carefully around the college and observe the speed limits shown.
- There are bike sheds at the back of the building for our students.
- Please ensure bikes are secured with a lock.
From Monday 6th September 2021 Hedingham Buses will extend an existing bus route in the mornings and afternoon to include a stop at Sigma Sixth.
|Great Clacton to Sigma Sixth Form College|
|Stephenson Road (Outside Depot)||8:08||Sigma Sixth Form College||15:20|
|Clacton Shopping Village, Car Park||8:10||Clacton, Martello Inn||15:26|
|Redbridge Road, Glade View||8:14||Clacton, Pier Avenue||15:30|
|Great Clacton, Church||8:17||137 – bus continues to Great Clacton|
|Holland Park School||8:21||(Does not serve ASDA)||Clacton, Pier Avenue||15:34|
|Clacton Rail Station||8:25||Clacton, Rail Station||15:37|
|Clacton, Pier Avenue||8:28||ASDA||15:43|
|4 & 6 – bus continues to Sigma||Burrs Road Post Office||15:48|
|Clacton, Pier Avenue||8:33||Stephenson Road (Outside Depot)||15:50|
|Clacton, Martello Inn (4)||8:37||Clacton Shopping Village, Car Park||15:52|
|Bockings Elm, Brace of Pistols (6)||8:43|
|Sigma Sixth Form College||8:45||Brook Retail Park||15:58|
To allow students to stay at college for extra-curricular activities there will be a later route at 4.30pm
|Sigma Sixth Form College to Great Clacton|
|Sigma Sixth Form College||16:30|
|Clacton, Martello Inn||16:35|
|Clacton, Pier Avenue||16:40|
|136 – bus continues to Great Clacton|
|Clacton, Pier Avenue||16:47|
|Clacton, Rail Station||16:50|
|Burrs Road Post Office||17:05|
|Stephenson Road (Outside Depot)||17:07|
|Clacton Shopping Village, Car Park||17:09|
In addition to this Hedingham Buses has a number of other routes which service the local area at different times.
At other times in the day, the number 4 bus runs through Clacton town centre and has a stop at Miller’s Barn Golf Park – a 13 minute walk to the campus.
The number 6 Bus runs down St Johns Road and stops at the junction with Jaywick Lane – a 12 minute walk.
Hedingham Buses offer a range of travel card options that are summarised in the link below and available on their app.